A GOD MOMENT

I love it when each day of studying God and His word is actually a stepping stone into more light and understanding. 

I love the feeling of each time there is a revelation of truth I know it's just a piece to the puzzle and I place it in anticipation of what the whole picture will look like.

I love it when at times it all comes together and we see clearly as though face to face with Jesus Himself.
... A GOD MOMENT...
Anyway, that's how I define the above description. We had one of these this evening that I would like to somehow relate it to you. 
Slowly, God has been taking me down a path of learning more about what kind of woman He wants me to be. It's really heart talks with God and very little of it has to do with what I look like, where I live, or what I do from day to day. However, it all weaves in together and God uses everything that is a part of my life to mold me into His spiritual image. A couple of days ago I was studying the scripture in Hebrews 12:15. " Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled." And of course, my first question was, how does the root get there to begin with? A root can't be there without a seed, right? Something has to give the root life. 
Have you ever heard of seed thoughts?
That is what came to my mind in trying to answer myself. Bitterness starts with a negative thought. It is at this time that I have a choice what I do with the thought (seed). If I choose to accept it and agree with it, I have PLANTED it inside my heart. If I choose to dwell on it, reason with it, nurture it, I then have just successfully rooted my bitter plant. 
I was so impressed with this thought because a couple of days prior to that I felt God nudging me to pray the scripture in Romans 12:2, "Lord, transform me by renewing my mind." 
Can you see how the puzzle was starting to make itself into a picture of revelation?
I usually read a story to my children before bed each night, however, we were late and I didn't think we had time for a story. So...I decided to tell one myself; a very short one, so I thought. 
WE NEVER KNOW WHEN A GOD MOMENT WILL COME. IF OUR HEARTS ARE OPEN, WE WILL RECOGNIZE IT.
I expounded on one of our well known Bible verses, Psalm 19:14. Here is how my storytelling kind of went:
Do you remember David the little boy who killed lions and bears and Goliath too? (Yes) Well, he grew up and became a king. Kind David. (Really?) Yes, and he loved Jesus with all his heart. But he had some problems. He had problems with his tongue (laugh) and his heart (Laugh). He asked God why his tongue kept saying mean and ugly things. Why couldn't he stop it from saying awful things. And do you know that God answered him? He said, "King David, it's not your tongue that has a problem, it's your head." ( A lot of laughing) When your head tells your tongue to say, "You rotten egg," your tongue says it. Your eyes look mean because your brain tells your eyes how to look. 
David said, "Wow, God, I didn't know that, but I get it now." Since King David knew why his tongue was saying awful things, he knew how to pray and he prayed this prayer to God, " Oh, God, let every word that comes out of my mouth, every feeling that stays in my heart, make You happy. I don't want to make You sad because You are the one who makes me strong and You are the one that can save me."
So...we knelt down and pretended to be King David and we started to pray this prayer...
AND THAT'S WHEN IT HAPPENED...
The Lord's presence was strong. Tears flowed down my face as I put the last piece of the puzzle in it's place. I gazed at the mental picture. "Oh, God, make me this way! Let everything I say, feel and do make You happy. Before I move, help me to remember to ask myself, 'Will this make God happy?' 
THE MOMENT LASTED A FEW MINUTES, THEN AS THOUGH IT WAS ONLY A BREEZE, EVERYTHING WENT BACK TO NORMAL.
No, not everything. 
My heart feels different. No, not that either. 
My heart IS different and the change is permanent. It doesn't mean that my brain won't ever tell my tongue to say something that would displease God. It means I now have a redeeming strength that was planted and has now taken root inside my heart that will offer the power needed to choose to get rid of any seed thoughts that will give life to a root of bitterness. 
IT SOUNDS SO SIMPLE...
until we try it.
The devil knows the power bitterness can have over us and the people our lives touch. He has tested me at every turn of this study. Do I expect him to have something for me to deal with when I wake up in the morning? Absolutely!!! He is walking around seeking what Godly thing he can devour in my life and he will start where it gives him the most powerful weapon. 
So, God, keep renewing my mind. Lead me not into temptation, but DELIVER me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment