A Bit of History...Explained

We all have our preferences when it comes to choices of meats, vegetables, fruit, etc. I wanted to post what some of our preferences are and what I look for when I browse the weekly ads.

A year ago I went to a health food store and had the owner look at my eyes, palms and fingernails and help me understand what might be areas of weakness in my health. He told me that my digestive system is really damaged and that although he couldn't diagnose, he thought I was close to having Irritable Bowel Syndrome. He suggested the Blood Type Diet in which I eat only foods that relate to my blood type. Since I have never been on a diet in my life (I know that sounds kind of strange coming from a female, but thank the Lord, I never have had weight issues nor have been concerned about my weight), I was apprehensive about this. He suggested I change two major foods in my diet and then gradually start changing others when needed, but focus on the foods on the list that I am already eating. So, I immediately  cut out beef and pork and strictly went to turkey and chicken. The second thing I was to cut out was the type of grease I was using; I went from butter and vegetable oil to extra-virgin olive oil.

My husband was in total support of changing our diet which made it so much easier on me. He really made me stick to the diet the first six months, for which I am thankful. I noticed a drastic change in my pain and bloating levels two months into the diet which encouraged me to continue on the diet. As of today, I feel so much better than I did a year ago.

I do want to say that I am not a strict dieter. There are foods on the diet I am unwilling to eat or give up the ones that are restricted. However, I'm learning that the more I listen to my body, the more healthy I feel from day to day.

So, with a little history down, I wanted to explain that many of the foods in the sales ads I will not be buying because of the diet that we are on. You will notice a lot turkey and chicken recipes on my weekly menus that can probably be substituted for beef and pork. I do want to encourage anyone who has not tried ground turkey or chicken sausage to open you mind to the possibility of finding a deliciously new cuisine awaiting you. 

Let's go get inspired to live more healthy lives and enjoy what we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment